Walk For PKD, etc.

So I guess more people are finding out about me, about my story, and about PKD.

The article came out, and it is getting closer and closer to the walk. I think that I am more excited to go this year than I have any other. I have a team started, and if you would like to sponsor me, that would be amazing. You can go to my page online and donate directly there. The address is www.pkdcure.org/goto/lydia.dreyer

You can also walk online, or even find a place near you that you can walk. Check it out at the main address, www.pkdcure.org

It's been so wierd lately. People have been coming up to me to thank me for what I'm trying to do with this whole PKD thing. And I just want to put something out there. I'm just a normal teenager. I'm 18, and I have a kidney disease. It happens to be incurable, so I'm doing all that I can to find one. We can all make a difference in this world, it just depends on where we decide to challenge our energy.

I'm so luck to be in this program, to have discovered this amazing family that I have around me. I don't mean my blood family, I mean my "kidney family". All the people out there that are going through the same thing as me. The people that leave me comments telling me their story and how its nice to know mine. Sometimes its hard to be upbeat, ya know? It's these new people in my life that help me.

My dad is still doing well. Lately his toe has been hurting, so we don't know if thats because of the kidney failure or not. There are some white blood cells in the urine, but we don't exactly know where that is coming from. I still have complete confidence in his doctors, and know that he's doing well.

I hope everyone is enjoying the end of summer... Hang in there!

Comments

Popular Posts