Whoops

This month is National Kidney Month and I've been thinking a lot about them. Kidneys. Life. Etc.

I haven't been updating this. I start to but then I feel like it's just too late and I tell myself that no one is reading it anyway. But then I remember how beneficial blogging has been for me. When I used to do it regularly I really got a chance to let things out and deal with the emotions that I was feeling. Life is a hard thing to have happen to you.
Gross. That was quite corny. My apologies.

Colorado was a very interesting experience. I went there by myself because I'm a legal adult now so my parents didn't need to be there. I had to put my big girl boots on and set myself up for an adventure. It was pretty lonesome; being in the hospital room by myself at night was the worst. The brain really knows when to turn itself on and become obsessive and begin to overanalyze.
Emotions? I felt a little out of place because I was in the Children's Hospital and am 19. And then there was the whole constant reminder of having a medical condition. But that's not a bad thing because I have a kidney disease and am okay with that. I mean, I'm not thrilled that I have it but I also understand that it's not the end of the world. And I can be completely pro-active about it. I try really really hard to do this, even though at times I just want to complain about having it to deal with it when in all actuality I am living my life to the fullest and it isn't really affecting me too much.

I just had a life revelation an hour or so ago so all these thoughts are extremely jumbled but very real. I'm not going to take the time to edit this because I want it to be honest and raw.

I think that I want to go to the Kidney Convention. I want to have enough guts to tell people about PKD this month in honor of National Kidney Month. I want to keep up with blogging. I want to be pro-active about my disease all the time. I want to help people and feel like I'm doing something again.

I'm going to try really hard. I would write more and try harder right now but the fact is that I'm really busy and should be doing my homework right now.

Comments

Popular Posts