:-D

If I could make that smiley face any bigger, I would.

Thank you to everyone out there that has commented on my last post. Im sorry that it wasn't as upbeat as normal, but like I said, we all have our ups and downs...

Today my hometown newspaper put out an article about me, you can read it at http://www.southbendtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070912/News04/709120301/1051/News04

In it, they talked about my goal for raising money, and a the briefing of my dad and my story. I am extremely proud to say that my raised funds have now reached $600, and there are still checks being mailed.

Wow. That means SO much to me. Some of the people I don't even know. A lot of my dad's co-workers donated money, some of them that I don't even know all too well. Today in school I had teachers giving me words of encouragement, and my smile started to shine a little bit brighter.

I can't wait for the walk. I can't wait to see all of my "extended family" and share stories. I swear, reading the comments that a lot of you put on this blog just help me keep going. The words of encouragement, the words of thanks. Im sitting at my table, and every so often letting out those excited/frusterated grunts because I can't explain all that I'm feeling. I want to meet all of you individually, sit down over a cuppa joe, and just talk. I am so thankful for PKDCURE.org for giving me this opportunity to be connected. I don't think that there is anything I could want more...

Dad goes to Indianapolis tomorrow for the routine tests, and I have to muster up some guts to go get some blood drawn for the study. I really do hate getting blood drawn....

Comments

Bob said…
Lydia,
Been reading your blog on and off for a few weeks now, but until now, haven't taken the time to comment. It's so wonderful to see you taking such a positive approach to dealing with PKD. And your blog is helping to get this disease the thing it needs most - more publicity! Thanks for everything you are doing to help in the quest for the cure!

Popular Posts