:)

Mom Blog Update-

Happy July to all of you! We have Kevin here with us at the Extended Stay Deluxe in Indy. He is resting for longer periods of time and eating as many requested foods as possble. I'm trying to be a detailed, conscientious nurse but I have to admit that the medication regiment is intimidating- about 9 medicines several times a day plus a glucometer, weight, blood pressure, and temperature. I'm wearing a white nurses suite with a cap, but still look and act like Phyllis Diller.

Natalie and Lydia are still with us and will stay for Kevin's first clinic tomorrow. They they return to South Bland and jobs, etc. Natalie is off to North Carolina for Uncle Ron's 50th B-Day and will catch up with Wilhe.

Lori's kidney seems to be doing a teriffic job. Kevin's body is slowly adjusting to a new blood pressure norm and this process is really anatomically fascinating. I have loved the interactions with the transplant team, they allow us detailed technical refrences. We love to pick their brains about the PKD intensaty, genetics, Lydia's future. I hope this miraculous experience will encourage you to become advocates for PKD research and organ donorship. The gift of life is so very beautiful and the ultimite in human expression. Keep eating those kidney beans!

Love, Indi


*A NOTE TO ADD TO THAT FROM LYDIA

If anyone, at all, is interested in helping out the PKD research field then there are many places to do that. If you go to the webite, www.pkdcure.org , there is a walk you can sign up for, or even a way to make a donation.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I know some of you don't even know Me or My Dad, but it feels great to be connected with a caring PKD community!

Comments

cheryle said…
Hello cousins. Every word sounds so encouraging. I get goosebumps when I read them. Indi, I can so picture you as nurse Nell. I wish I could be there, but we would laugh too much and Kevin might hurt himself. I love you all. You are in my prayers.
Your okie cousin,
cheryle
Call me sometime. I left you a message a while back on what I think was your cell phone. xooxooxoxoox
Unknown said…
Please let Kevin know that I am beyond happy to hear that he is doing better, and that he has a new kidney.

Sending good vibes, energy and prayers.

--Kam Hobbs

from - Giordano Jazz Dance Chicago.
Unknown said…
I'm toasting you all with kidney beans! what a story! Thanks for including us.
love to all Dieckgrafe-Dreyers from Suzanne and the Morse-Fortiers (now back in MA).

Popular Posts