WE ARE HOME! (kinda)

We have just arrived at the hotel. Dad is laying on the bed in his fabulous Spiderman 3 pajama pants that he got for Father's Day. He is in some pain, but he looks great, and is coping well. He's tired, but we are having trouble letting him go to sleep. It's great having him back!

I asked him if he had any messages and he said that he's happy to be out, and that he still can't get over the fact that he has someone else's organ, but its great.

We left the hospital with 50 masks and a lot of antibacterial gel and a better-working Father. He is supposed to wear the masks if he is in a highly crowded place for the next 3 months; or if someone is sick, they need to wear a mask when they are around him. Right now we have to make sure he stays healthy and keeps the kidney working well. We need to track his meds and weight and blood pressure and such. His medicine is on a timed schedule to make sure that everything works out well.

He goes in for his first clinical on Tuesday, so Mom and Dad will stay in Indy as long as it takes, to avoid the drive back and forth.

Looks like all our prayers were finally answered...

Comments

cheryle said…
Boy I am truly a blonde. How could I not realize this blog was out here. I love you all and I am rejoicing in all of the positive things I have read. The entire Dreyer family has and is in my prayers as is Kevin's angel Lori. What an amazing woman. Kisses and hugs to everyone. A note to Indi: Do not let yourself get too run down. Take a rest. I wish I could be there. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo. Much love from soggy Oklahoma.
Cheryle

Popular Posts