A Comment From the Donor, LORI!

Hello Miss Lydia, I hope that your Dad is doing okay and it was more scary than medically dangerous?

You are a very dynamic writer, you also said some very nice things about me. Thank you. I have been very overwhelmed by the love from your family, I have always felt that the true bonds of one's family is not defined by blood, but by love. Your family is my family.

Your Mom is a wonderful, graceful and intelligent woman, if not for her I would not know your Dad. I feel priviledged to be able to help such a patient, intelligent, creative soul.

I am now wearing the green donor bracelet your Mom gave me proudly. I love coffee again, and unfortunately food. I went to Connies yesterday, and it was awesome.

I would also like to say that anyone considering donation. It is not as painful as either a csection delivering twins, or back surgery to repair an L5 disc rupture. I think we should step back occasionally and ask ourselves if we are making a difference, if that is important to you as a person, this is a fairly logical decision. With very little risk to myself, I have hopefully extended the life of a very deserving person to continue to shower love on his family, friends and students.

I also feel like in some way I am living a creative life, in some "flat stanley" way. I cannot wait for the celebration of our first year of donation next summer.
I think it would be a hoot to get everyone together here at my house.!! Please give everyone a big hug and kiss for me. Love to all, Lori

Comments

holycownyc said…
Thank you, Lori! For your precious donation, and for your encouragement to the rest of us.

--just friends of the family, Jennie & Steve

Popular Posts