BLOG ENTRY FROM MAMA

Holiday greetings from Kev's hospital bed in Indianapolis. THe left side nephrectomy (removal of nasty PKD Kidney!) was yesterday 12/26 from 12:30-5:00 with prep at 11:00AM and recovery until 7PM. The team was unable to remove it totally laproscopically as planned so he has another vertical incision in addition to three "stab" wounds. His pain is much more intense than the transplant and he hasn't been able to rest or sleep much. Lydia and I asked about seeing the diseased kidney and sure enough- it was VERY gross, but fascinating. The best thing is that it no longer lurks in Kev's body and PKD is no more. YIPPEE! Now we should all pray for a cure in hope that Lydia will never have to go through all of this. Again, we are eternally grateful to Lori Brewer for her amazing, loving, healthy gift to our lives.

By the way- I am working on creating a super-hero gal- TWO STORY LORI who is adorned with a bean shaped beret and a large kidney shaped shield. Out of her back, the remaining kidney radiates sparks of light to attract potential donors and ward off PKD and other renal problems. I want to be her humble sidekick something like OGEG- Old Green Earth Girl or whatever, I am a work in progress to say the least. I am lousy with graphics so I am looking for some artistic talent to help get this show on the road. I tried some sketches at a workshop at the library. It was for the kids. I went anyway. I tried extending the scale to accomodate and accentuate her over-average height and power. I drew her in an asymmetrical skirt and that's about as far as I got before I realized I should not be doing that part. I would like to help educate and encourage through real life causes and stories. If anybody is interested in contributing in anyway please contact Short Story Lydia. Thanks.

Kev continues to improve a bit at a time so we plan to stick around here for awhile.

Take good care all,

Indi Mama Dieckgrafe- Dreyer

Comments

Anonymous said…
It is useful to try everything in practise anyway and I like that here it's always possible to find something new. :)
Anonymous said…
And where logic?
Anonymous said…
I am very grateful to you for the information. It very much was useful to me.

Popular Posts