WARNING: Contains Link to Nasty Kidney :)

Hello All-

Things are going quite well in the Dreyer Family Hotel Suite. Or rather, Hotel Room. The room has begun to feel a bit smaller as the time spent in in lengthens. Dad got a nice break today because Natalie and I went to see a movie, while Wilhe and Mom tackled the Indiana State Museum. He said that he had a 3 hour nap and spent some time reading the paper.

Currently he is watching The Sound of Music while Mom washes his hair. His lovely hair, which is really starting to thin due to the medications. It's going to be a hard thing to lose, but as I was advised earlier, its not the hair that makes the man. My Dad makes himself. :)

He's been wearing the t-shirt that I made him for Christmas all around the hotel room. It says I HEART MY KIDNEY. I smile everytime I see it and think of the lovely gift that is living inside him.

We all had a lovely chat with Lori (the donor) this morning. She is such an incredible woman, and continues to suprise me every time I speak with her. Her outlook on life is superb, especially the hope that she carries with her. She really is a superhero, so I can understand why my mother wants to make a comic strip. She talked about how this Blog helps people to understand better, and maybe even make the decision to donate.

And, as I promised. Here are the links to the two pictures that I took of Dad's kidneys. They're pretty nasty. Watch out. :) You have to copy the link, and then paste it in your address place thingie. (Not too sure how to explain that in words, obviously)

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c235/ATasteofDisaster/?action=view¤t=0106800000a.jpg

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c235/ATasteofDisaster/?action=view¤t=0106800000.jpg

So far the medical-technical stuff with Dad is still good. His creatinine levels went up after the surgery, but that is expected, so we weren't too worried. He's just a big ball of healthiness. Kinda.
Still in a lot of pain, but still my hero!

Take Care! And Happy New Year to everyone!

Comments

Bob said…
Hi, Lydia. Glad to hear things are going well for your dad. I am curious as to what the reason was for your dad having the old kidney removed. I tried looking back through your blog, but couldn't find any mention of that. My wife has PKD, and had a transplant in 1998, but there has never been any mention of having either of the old kidneys removed. So, I'm curious as to what the circumstances are that lead to this surgery, if you care to share that.

Also, I was unable to get the pictures that you linked to load. Does one need a password to see them, maybe?

Happy New Year!!!
Anonymous said…
Thank you, Lydia and Indi for keeping us informed! I haven't summoned up the courage to look at Kevin's kidney yet. (I saw the movie version of Sweeney Todd a couple of days ago and my stomach is still queasy.)

We're so grateful to hear Kevin is doing well. Here's hoping the pain lessens immediately.

Kevin is so brave, and so are all of you.

Thinking of you all. Happy New year. We hope to get out your way this year.

Much love,
Christina, Eric and Jack Gorman

Popular Posts