Successful Surgery!

The time is 5:00 and Dad is out of surgery! We met with the surgeon a few minutes ago and Mom and I got to see the kidney that was removed! It was quite the experience, to say the least. I took a picture of it on my phone... and I'm depating posting it on this site. Ye with weak stomachs, beware!

The surgery was about 3 and a half hours long. They didn't have to disect the kidney like we originally thought, but instead they made a larger incision than planned and took the kidney out in one piece. It was massive and gross, to say the least. We're just happy that it's gone!

He's still in "limbo", stuck between the operating room and the recovery room. We're anxiously awaiting the room number so we can see him when he comes out. I think I may suprise him with that picture of his kidney....

Comments

Bob said…
Great news, Lydia! Merry Christmas to you, your dad, and your family. Hope the recovery period proceeds smoothly!

Popular Posts