:)

I think I have finally started crawling out of my black hole. The hole where I felt sorry for myself and my father and didn't handle things the best way that I could.

The world is a beautiful place my friends. The snow is freezing all the grass and giving my car the flu... but it is all beautiful.

Everything. You. Me. Kidneys. Food. Heaters. Etc.

Yeah. I'm doing great. And I'm ready do be completely pro-active about PKD, so if I come knocking on your door asking for support and donations, you better watch out! Lydia is coming to town!

I really don't know what's come over me. Maybe it's the holiday season? I'm in show choir at school, and we've been performing all over the place, so maybe those songs have gotten into my blood stream. And the holiday cheer is taking me over? Or maybe it's God, and my family and friends, and the community here.

Things are stressful every day. For example, Butler mails out its acceptance letters December 20. I'm freaking out, to say the least. I have no money, and have been so busy with the play at school/ show choir/ finals that I haven't been able to work. Christmas presents are going to be scarce, but quite thoughtful. Because I have a lot of things to say to those around me... nice things of course!

We're all waiting for the surgery, and I know it is constantly in the back of our minds. Mom and Dad will leave for Indy on the 25th and then the girls will follow behind. Honestly? I'm excited. I probably couldn't have said that a few weeks ago, but I really truly am. My Dad is about to be given another way to heal himself. Another way to relieve discomfort.

I've been praying a lot. Praying for safety and for a sweep of calm to come over me. And I've been praying for those that aren't are fortunate as my family and me. Who are still out there waiting for the gift of life, and I'm also praying for the donors out there, or the potential donors that have yet to recieve their call. A call quite similar to the one that Lori recieved a year or so ago.

Crazy isn't it?
Sometimes when I think about the transplant, it seems like a dream. I mean, did that really happen? Did they really put Lori's kidney in my Dad's body? And wait- it actually worked! You can do that?
Life is crazy.

But you know what, I wouldn't have it any other way!!!!



The blog will be up and running during the surgery, just like old times. So get ready to read. :)

HAPPY TRAILS!

Comments

Anonymous said…
you are my hero lydia! i <3 you!!
Laura said…
Hi Lydia--
A bit of hope for you...I also have PKD, diagnosed when I was 16. I'm 34 now and have excellent kidney function. My mother has it too, and had her transplant 3 years ago. She's doing great, has tons of energy and has finally settled in with a program of anti-rejection drugs that she can live with. I bet your Dad will do just as well! I love your blog, keep writing and best wishes to you and your family.
--Laura

Popular Posts