Colorado?

So this Blog just got added to the www.pkdcure.org website. So hello to whoever is reading this. I hope you know you're not alone out there. :)

A few days ago the people in Colorado called me to talk about the testing program. I am offically in I guess. Before, I had only heard from the nurse that I was in, but the other day it was the doctor herself. I admit, I was at work when I got the call, so I don't remember all the details...BUT she explained the testing and that I would need to sign another consent form to begin. I guess I will be in the hospital for 48 hours and they will run all kinds of tests. I'm really just waiting on that information packet to arrive.

My dad's donor, Lori, also has been in touch. She passed the mental exam... I guess they asked her if my family told her she had to do it to remain friends, and they also had to make sure she wasn't doing it for money. She has a doctor's appointment on Monday and is taking the last test on Tuesday. That means that we will find out if my dad has a kidney in 5 days. I really hope that it all works out okay.
I think that we've all gotten attached to the idea of Lori being the donor, and I don't know what would happen if she couldn't do it. I guess keep all of us in your prayers. And thank God every day for the people out there willing to be a donor.

I think I'm out for now. I will keep the updates going though!

Comments

kate said…
Wow,well what can i say I have just found your blog and really cant belive it...
From the start then... My name is Kate Iam 29 and living in Sydney at the moment but grew up in the uk my family are still there and my Dad had a trasplant 9years ago, seem like a long time ago but to me reallly only feels like last year,I am so impressed by your strenth and honesty on this I will be honest now and tell you I didnt cope with my Dads illness, tretment and everything in bewteen!I envy this in you and also wanted to say how much your blog means to me,even all these years later.
We are now at the stage where my Dad is becoming ill again and dealing with alot of side effect,but I know he dosent regret having the transplant, all the presious time it have give us a family!Now I am waffling... in short I want to say thankyou for your passion honesty and grace.I hope you will let me know if I can help with anything(half away around the World but like you said your not alone)
Kate
Becky said…
Best wishes for your Dad's donor matching. Any complications for you since your were diagnosed? My two year old Andy has cysts, arpkd or spontaneous adpkd (no cysts for hubby and me). I am Iowa PKD volunteer coordinator
Becky

Popular Posts