Lydia's Entry

Things are going pretty well. Mom and I had quite the adventure last night. We are constantly getting lost in Indianapolis on our way to and from the hospital.

I had the fun of taking Dad on a few walks around the floor. He's not allowed to go off the unit, so we've come quite familiar with our surroundings, such as the bandaged Simba, and the nourishment room.

Yesterday was quite a day I must say. I felt so bad for Dad. I guess something was messed up with his IV, it kept saying there was a break in the line. Eventully, they took it out, but before they did that, he was stuck with a painful IV not hooked up to anything just lying in his arm. Patience is a virtue, and even though he said he was growing impatient, he handled it all quite well.

He is also up and using the bathroom, and enjoyed a little bit of the movie Birdcage with my Mom earlier in the day. That was quite the contrast to the 3 hours of CSI that he watched with his brother, Robin, the night before.

I know that he is feeling quite loved, as well as the rest of the family. A lot of people have asked if they could send letters or cards to Dad. We are hopeful that he will be leaving his temporary home at the Hospital and join us at the hotel until (atleast Monday). Our stay ends on Monday, and we are still wondering where we will go next. We have to look into location and price and moving all of our things. The address for that hotel is:

Kevin Dreyer, Room 125
C/O Extended Stay Deluxe
5350 W. Southern Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46241


So. I know I've talked about what's going on and whatnot. But I know there are people out there who are curious as to what we're feeling on the inside.
Me? Eh. I'm nervous, and I'm relieved. I'm really appreciating live, and people, and organ donors. I'm terrified about me getting a kidney transplant, because, my Dad is such a strong man. He can be at a pain level 5 or 6, and still walk around that stupid floor. It's not even an interesting walk, its just the same route over and over, but he goes through it because he knows he needs it.
I'm a little bit scared about growing older with these kidneys. If I'm going to get fat. Or get that belly. And the pain. And blech. I think that's why I'm so excited about this testing program. Finding a cure is an amazing thing, I mean, just think if we could have avoided this transplant for my Dad.

I know I've written a lot. And my Mom wants to write some too, she has finally figured out the internet thing ( to a certain extent ) and wants a way to talk to all of you.
Thanks again!

Comments

Popular Posts