THANK THE LORD!

So last night, as I was pulling out of the driveway to go to youth group, my dad stopped me and told me he had to tell me two things.
1- my door was open
2- Lori passed all the tests and is going to be the donor
I can't even explain the thoughts that were going through my mind. I was happy, relieved, and I wanted to call everyone that I knew. I had so much trouble driving down the street, because I wanted to shout at everyone I saw. "Hey! My dad has a kidney now! He's going to be okay!"

I wanted to post that last night, but Dad made me go to bed after youth group. When I went to bed, I assumed that the transplant would take place the first week of July, because the 6th was the only day that they had an opening.
But then today I was getting ready to go to the beach when I got another piece of news from Dad as I was about to walk out the door. Apparently, the next opening actually wasn't untill Friday the 13th, and Lori told them she wouldn't do it then, but anything after that was to far away. So, they pulled some strings I guess, and the transplant is now going to be Tuesday.
That means that in 5 days, my Dad will be having surgery, and getting a new kidney.
That means that he can eat a banana, and not have to take so many pills. And he can have a working kidney.

Mom and Dad are going down Sunday and then my Gran and my sisters and I are driving down Monday. On Wednesday, Gran and my sisters will be going home so my Gran can have a surgery, and I will stay with my Dad and my Mom and my uncle and Grandma who are meeting us there.
We have a place to stay, Lori knows people that work at the Marriot, so they will be getting us hotel rooms at the employee rate. Everything is going so fast, but its going so well.

A few days ago, the people in Colorado contacted me, and it looks as if I will be flying out to Colorado July 29th to begin testing. All this waiting has paid off.

But now we have to wait 5 more days. Until it all happens. And I couldn't be happier either!

Comments

shelly said…
Lyddie--
I got an email from Terry with MYM about your dad. I know your dad from serving on the MYM board. I wanted to say that is great news to hear your dad has a donor. I read your blogs and also wanted to commend you on your strength and maturity. I will pray for you, your family and the donor.
Shelly
Unknown said…
I donated a kidney to my sister in January - we went to John Hopkins in Maryland since we are incompatible - Hopkins has a great incompatible program (we are from Pennsylvania) - they were really good and really know what they are doing - and my sister's new kidney is working great.

Good luck with your father

Sandy

Popular Posts