We're here!

Mom and Dad went down to Indy yesterday afternoon, and Natalie, Willa, Gran, and I all came down today after Vacation Bible School. I'm glad that we got a chance to go to VBS, because it felt so good to know that we have all those people supporting us. I mean, of course, I know that there are a ton of people supporting us, but it was really nice to gets those words of encouragement from all those people.

Dad met with the surgeons today, and they are comfortable and excited for the surgery to begin. It turns out that Dad WILL have one of his kidneys taken out, so that increases the time of the surgery by about an hour. Lori goes under before him, and he checks in at 7am, to begin the surgery at 9am.

We are at an extended hotel suite, and its going to work out well. We booked for a week, and we will figure out where we need to go after that point. We're 20 minutes away from the hospital, and about 6 miles from downtown, and Grandma Dreyer and Uncle Robin. Wilhe's quite content with the spinning chairs, and I know we're all really happy to be together. Mom is currently napping on the couch, I'm sure tired out with all the news and excitement.

I must say, its been a bit hard on all of us, but we're holding up really well. The past week contained a lot of bickering, because all of us are on edge, but now we're all together again and doing fine. We're really really thankful and grateful for each and every one of us, and the support system that we have in all of our friends.

It's been great I must say. Everyone's really willing to do anything that they can, and some have insisted that they must.
I guess at this point, pray for all of us. Pray for Lori, her safety in the transplant, and the love that she is sharing with us through the ultimate gift, a kidney. Pray for my Dad, that he stays well during the procedure, and after that as well. Pray for my family, that we may have the strength to be there for eachother and my Dad. Pray for the people who haven't yet found their donor, and the donors out there willing to make that gift.

I will have the computer with me at the hospital ( I think, or atleast in the hotel ). I promise to keep all of you updated as soon as we hear anything new, and it is convient to do so. :)

Comments

Unknown said…
Hello Lydia,

Your blog is wonderful!

My husband Eric and I are former students of your father's from ND (graduated in 1991). In fact, I remember when you turned one year old while we were in North Carolina at a dance festival!

Anyway, I'll be thinking of Lori, your dad and you all over the coming weeks, particularly tomorrow.

Best of luck. Please send my love to all. Big wave and hugs to your mom and older sis.

I'll be checking in.

Love,
Christina G.
Unknown said…
Oh! And of course, giant hugs to your father as well!

He is one of my favorite people in the world. I mean that with my whole heart.
cjbart said…
Hi Lydia,
We just heard about the transplant, and we wanted to send our best wishes to Kevin and you and your whole family.
Please let everyone know that we are thinking about you all, and Peace and Good Health be upon you!
Love, the Barts
CJ, Kim, Dylan and Audrey

Popular Posts